CBD Oil is a chemical compound which has many medical uses. Properties such as anti-depressant and anti-inflammatory are some of the features that make it great. Additionally, it’s a versatile organic compound which can be easily added into various products. Research studies show that CBD can help to ease symptoms of multiple sclerosis. How true and effective is this?
Multiple sclerosis is a neurodegenerative disorder. It is characterized by the immune system attacking the central nervous system. Currently, this condition affects more than 2 million people in the US only. Its exact cause is unknown although it’s sometimes associated with environmental factors and genetics. Its symptoms include:
- Pain and spasms.
- Cognitive issues
- Fatigue and weakness
- Sexual dysfunction
- Balance problems and dizziness
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction
Types of Multiple Sclerosis
There are four types of multiple sclerosis. Note that they are categorized based on the way they act on the body over time.
- Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis: it’s rare and only affects 10 percent of people with multiple sclerosis. This condition is characterized by symptoms which worsen slowly at the beginning. However, there are no remissions or relapses.
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis: it’s the most common type and affects almost 85 percent of people with this condition. People with this type of multiple sclerosis tend to experience replaces and flare-ups.
- Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis: its symptoms tend to worsen gradually with time. Patients may or may not experience replaces or remissions.
- Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis: it’s another rare form of multiple sclerosis that only affects 5 percent of the patients. It tends to worsen from the beginning. Patients may experience replaces without remissions. They may also recover or not.
How could CBD oil help with Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis can make it difficult for you to handle everyday tasks. The symptoms range from painful to depressive. However, CBD has therapeutic effects and anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it an effective solution for this condition. It reduces symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis by:
- Providing Pain Relief
Most patients are normally given CBD oil with traces of THC. This helps to provide an entourage effect. The CBD/THC blend helps to reduce pain symptoms related to multiple sclerosis. It enhances mobility, minimizes the chances of fatigue, and reduces muscle spasticity.
Most people with multiple sclerosis end up depressed. The constant pain, as well as physical limitation, are some of the major triggers of depression. Research studies indicate that people with this condition are highly likely to end up with a major depressive disorder. Dealing with multiple sclerosis and depression is challenging. Well, these two are serious medical conditions which are not easy to handle.
However, CBD oil can handle both of them. This is because it enhances how the endocannabinoid system works. It facilitates balance by regulating mood, pain, blood pressure, and others. CBD oil is an anti-depressant that also helps to reduce inflammation.
- It Improves Cellular Health
Multiple sclerosis is a degenerative medical condition. It causes a decline in neuronal cell health and sometimes even their death. But with the anti-inflammatory properties, this chemical compound can slow down or even prevent the neuronal cell death. It also improves immune system’s ability to fight autoimmune diseases.
How to use CBD oil for Multiple Sclerosis
CBD reviews show the versatility of using this product. You can buy CBD online in different forms depending on your preferences. This way, you can conveniently incorporate it into your daily routine while dealing with multiple sclerosis. You can use it:
- Sublingually: place CBD oil under the tongue and wait for a few minutes. You can thereafter swallow it or spit. Their effect may start within 5 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Topical application: they are designed for external use. Topical is usually applied on the skin. They include products such as lotions, balms, and slaves. Their effect can kick-start between 30 minutes to an hour.
- CBD Capsules: they are orally consumed and you can feel their effects within 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Edibles: they are ingested and pass through the digestive tract. Their effect usually take between 30 minutes to 2 hours, just like capsules. This is because they have to be digested and pass through the liver.
There are other forms of cannabis oil for sale. They are also available in various strengths. Additionally, different people respond to CBD oil uniquely. This is because we have different metabolic systems, weight, age, and also symptoms. So, it’s important to work closely with a practitioner. They will guide you on the appropriate dosage. Apart from that, they will also advise you on the appropriate method of delivery. Dosage and form of intake are important when dealing with multiple sclerosis.
CBD can help to ease the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. This is possible because it’s a pain reliever with anti-depressant properties. Besides that, it helps to reduce or even stop neuronal cell death. All these symptoms are normally experienced by patients with multiple sclerosis. But for it to be effective, you need to know the appropriate dosage. You should not overdose or underdose as you may fail to experience positive effects. Besides that, it’s also important to know the appropriate delivery method. This way, you will be able to successfully manage multiple sclerosis.