The current society we are living in today is a clear proof of how online marketing is attracting the users’ attention. This also helps them engage on the online platform and facilitating them with quality services. All this requires an influential and skilled person to drive the company through implementation social media marketing plan.
A social media manager is a person who spearheads the social media strategies of a company. They digitally create and publish content regularly with an aim to reach many people. This is exactly what is known as influencer marketing and helps the company achieve its desired goals.
What Roles a Social media manager Plays
- Maintaining any social media platform requires one to keep up the trend, be timely and deliver reliable content. Therefore here are the major roles played by the social media manager
- He is the person in charge of creating a social media strategy in line with organizations’ set goals. This will in turn help to enhance brand promotion.
- Superintends and ensure maximum utilization of all the online social platforms. These will include Facebook, twitter, Instagram, YouTube, twitter, Pinterest and search engines among others.
- Plan and develop useful content with an aim to reach the targeted users. They also manage all published content (Audio, video, written and photographic images)
- Engaging with the users by monitoring, hearing them out as well as responding to them socially. This guides them to promoting and market the organizations brand.
- Conducts the online survey by analyzing, reviewing and generation report. It is this report which guide them through monitoring the effect of social media marketing.
- In charge of training the staff on how to make use the social channels to the benefit of the company.
- Identifies the weakness and grabs the opportunities from the users’ feedbacks and acts on them accordingly.
- Keeps track of the new trends of different social channels in term of application designs and upgrades. As a result, you keep them up to date and enhance productiveness and competence.
- Steers competitive campaigns with an aim to market the organizations’ brand and enhance sales.
Becoming a competent social manager requires a skillful person as explained below:-
- Knowledge on how to operate and use the social media channels. This will mainly focus on online marketing, sales branding as well as user interaction.
- Creating and editing skills to generate error free and reliable content that will lead to online advertising.
- Portray creativity skills that show their ability to promote new and innovative plans.
- Good networking skills and the ability to work as a team
- Have analytical skills that enable the social managers to analyze statistical data and draw conclusions.
- Be experienced in public relation skills and also social media advertising.
- Have good organization skills to perform every task in order and knowledge of prioritizing things as they demand.
- Skills to effectively manage all the online activities with an aim of achieving the organizations’ strategies.
Qualifications & Experience
There are no strict qualifications towards becoming a social media manager though most of them are degree holders. Some employers will consider the skills, knowledge and experience. For you to be qualified and fully experience here is what you need to have:-
- Be in a position to prove you creativity in social media (show your profile)
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. That helps to generate meaningful information intended to reach the targeted users.
- Competent skills in content development and have experience as good digital marketing influencer.
- Be experienced on how to use different social channels accordingly to match the set goals.
- Capability to deliver information and communicate ideas effectively in audio, verbal, written or video format.
- Have a degree in marketing and produce a work experience recommendations though this is not mandatory.
- Be ready to prove your publishing and content creation skills and experience.
- Demonstrate competent skills in sales both online and offline.
- Encourage teamwork and also display a team player role with courage to head the staff if need be.
- Have experience in time management and knowing what priority to give what activity.
- Possess high level of professionalism in problem solving in case of online conflicts.
- Be sharp in identifying opportunities as well as the weakness as observed from the users.
- Ability to adapt quickly to the changing trends in social media platforms
It is quit relevant for every business to adapt social media management plans. It is through these channels that the company is able to interact with the clients directly. As a result, they understand their needs and address them accordingly. This practice will guide the company in boost their present and future performance. Again, hiring a skilled social media manager will help the company meet its marketing goals.
In order to deliver as a successful social media manager, there are several traits to possess. These traits include being passionate, excellent communication and also high levels of flexibility. This helps you achieve the organizations’ goals and be a unique marketing influencer.